Best known as: Co-founder & CEO at Airbnb
» Suggest an entrepreneur
Brian Chesky Videos
Brian Chesky's Success StoryCo-founder & CEO at Airbnb
Brian Chesky is a man with a vision who has contributed to strategizing and changing the way people live. As a Co-Founder of Airbnb, Brian pushes the status quo to do this and gave up his apartment to live in the Airbnb community homes since 3rd of June 2010. He wanted to personally feel the impact and experience the reality of this new way of thinking. And he did.Brian’s inspirational success story begins in Los Angeles, where he worked as an industrial designer and contractor who ran his own unit. Till today he is always seen with a sketch book and drafting pen in his hand. He graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Brian's far reaching ideas of accessing space were what made his contribution to society unique. He now looks forward to the day he can stay in the Lincoln Bedroom, which he hopes will be put up for grabs on his site.
Brian Chesky would never have expected to become such an eminent personality practically overnight. Neither would he ever have dreamed of living in the Silicon Valley. His hobby was designing different toilet seats in the city of Los Angeles. His co-founder used his powers of persuasion to get Brian to relocate by nagging him persistently for nearly two years. We could all do with taking a few leaves from Brian’s book. Listed below are some of his ideologies:
- It is necessary to face trials and tribulations squarely and head on. We all have different ways of dealing with situations. Brian persisted in figuring out how to make Airbnb a success against several odds. There were many times when the wrong decision could have made thinks go awry and the business could have failed.
- Nothing is impossible – if you are determined to make it happen. Brian took up the challenge when he attended RISD even though he admitted that he was given an almost impossible task. He was able to face all odds with determination when he founded the Airbnb and taught his employees to work with the same driving force.
- Brian Chesky comes up with novel ideas and works on it till he succeeds. He did the same when he began designing products as a consultant and realized that he loved facing challenges that set him apart from what others were doing.
- He believed in meeting people and making them convinced of his ideas by patiently explaining his motives.
- He believes strong in upholding the company values and being loyal to those who hired you.
Co-Founder of Foursquare
Founder of Organix brands
Founder of Allen Consulting and Sylvia’s Children
CEO of BMW AG
President and Founder of grapevine pr
Developer and Founder of WordPress
Founder of the Hershey Company